Wednesday 1 August 2007

Blog Bling with Bruce


I spent a pleasant morning with Bruce today (here discussing Quality Learning in NZ schools from Policy to Classroom Practise & everything in between). It is always good to talk to Bruce & share his perspectives on education. Visit his blog Leading and Learning and join in the conversations there.
The main focus of today was to help Bruce revamp his blogspot with categories so that he could more easily sort & find his articles (over 550 posts now!). With not a lot of bling in his sidebar we decided to update to the new blogger template a simple way to add page elements to your blog without playing with the html in the template. I love the way the new template tidies up the archives with drop down options on the months (& years) so you don't have archives listed a mile long.
It inspired me to think about tidying up my own blogspot. I looked at it when the new template changes came in awhile ago but was worried about losing all my bling on the side. So i have played with it a bit more and found it won't be a problem in the sidebar I can reinstate all my bling easily but i'm going to lose my signature flickr pics in my header. Hmmm some techie problem solving to do here - maybe another day.
Oooops maybe not - gone & done it now - think i will keep it as it looks so much tidier!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post heading made me laugh and wonder if I had shared my little technical blog Bling4yrBlog

Anonymous said...

Oops

Bling Blog

I put an extra full stop in the above link and it doesn't work.

This link should work.

Rachel Whalley said...

Thnx Allanah
Thats a handy reference for beginners Was that your Learning@Skl workshop? Will add it to my delicious links :-)

Bruce Hammonds said...

Just thought I would say thanks for all your help Rachel - I guess I would be called an 'assisted digital immigrant' at best! My new task is to put all my blogs into categories and to add links to my bloglines.

See you next time I get stuck!