So that was the focus today at St Pat's in Inglewood where i worked with the Junior School & then the Senior School. I had come today all ready to make movies (now where did i get that idea from???) so thanks to Inglewood High School for providing a data projector at short notice and Kim for being so patient as i updated my cybersafety teaching resource.
You can find this resource on the Bard Wired Wiki.
Some notable kids cybersafety links to check out are the 'educational games' from the Canadian Media Awareness Network and with a New Zealand flavour Hector's World.
A great blog post with advice for parents "10 Principles for the Digital Family":
- Play with your child
- Go low budget
- Bring digital politics to the dinner table
- Be an Adbuster
- Distrust ratings
- Raise the issue of innappropriate behaviour appropriately
- Consider a computer in the kitchen
- Know the limits of educational games
- Set boundaries
- Wear your heart on your sleeve.