Monday 16 June 2008

Windwand ICTPD

DSC015568 teachers from all our TaraNet schools attended a PD day in New Plymouth organised by New Plymouth Boys High School & Francis Douglas Memorial College ICTPD cluster. It was disappointing for the organisers that Wellington airport was fogged in all day and a number of workshop presenters couldn't get here.
I presented a workshop on Flickr & one on Blogging. I really wanted to present about the virtual learning network and the opportunities we are able to offer our students with distance learning and video conferencing. But was turned down as this is not what they want to hear about they want to hear about Web 2.0. Though I did take the opportunity when introducing myself to do a quick promo for the VLN & direct them to the website ;-)

I have set up a wiki page for our teachers share their ideas & resources from the days PD.

No comments: