ePrincipal's had a day together at the MOE office. On the agenda:
- eMentor's reporting on work going into the restructuring of the VLN
- Preparation for ULearn - who's presenting what - a number of ePrincipal led workshops will be offered
- Discussions with NZQA regarding our procedures in particular MOUs - ePrincipals are now on the NZQA mailing list so we can keep up with what's going on
- Correspondence School discussed their work with the FarNet in support of SchoolsPlus students. SchoolsPlus students get funding to enrol with the Correspondence School & so they are looking at how to collaborate with the VLN clusters to support these students.
- Ka Hikitia Presence on the VLN - Carolyn presented a discussion paper on this which outlined some key areas such as:
- identifying Maori students in VLN enrolments
- developing a strong pool of VC Maori teachers to cope with demand for enrolments
- accessing links with Maori students - eg senior tamariki mentoring younger in language, performing arts
- digital conversations with Maori role models
- Digital Conversations - Sarah from the Book Council to revive the WordSpace video conferences with NZ writers
- Proposal discussed- a shared Online Learning Environment
- Preparation for creating a Student Module for elearners at the beginning of the school year.
Thanks Lynda (& Vicki) for organising today & yesterday's activities. Though we live and work in a virtual world much of the time, I think it is really worthwhile meeting face to face as we did today.
Interface wrote an article about the VLN & ePrincipals you can read it here.